Monday, January 21, 2008

Rolling Hills Elementary School


View Larger Map


This is my elementary school. I absolutely loved it there...the best days of my life by far. It was definitely a place where authority ruled. Bigger kids rule the little kids, teachers rule all the kids, and the administration is an authority on all. Nowadays, with all the crazy people running around elementary schools have no choice but to be secure. Even if I go in, as a young woman to visit an old teacher, they stop me at the front desk and accost me. There are signs everywhere saying not to trespass. This elementary school has a definite ritual to it as well. In the morning you line up behind the number on the blacktop that your class has been assigned to. Roll is taken there. There are bells and scheduled lunch and recess times for the different grades; every day becomes routine. And the ideology they preached there, of following the golden rule and acting kindly to others was constant. There was a lot of stuff going on back then that I didn't notice. I was just there to play on the swings and learn the multiplication tables.

No comments: